Student Card photo
CaptureME is used by all new students to submit a photo for their first UTS Insearch Student Card. You can upload your photo using a computer, tablet or smart phone. Simply follow the steps below.
How to upload a photo
- Visit the CaptureME page: capturemelogin.insearch.edu.au
- In the ‘User’ field, enter your UTS Insearch Student ID number. In the ‘Password’ field, enter your date of birth in the following format DDMMYYYY. For example, if your date of birth is the 15th of August 1990, then your password will be 15081990. Confirm the reCAPTHCA details and click ‘SUBMIT’.
- You will then be taken to the ‘Submit your photo’ page. There are two options to submit a photo:
- Click on the ‘Upload a photo’ tab, then click on ‘Choose a photo’. Once an image is selected it is placed on the page. A green tick on the right, smaller picture means the photo is acceptable.
- Click on the ‘Take a photo from a webcam’ tab. Your internet browser will detect the camera installed. Take the photo when ready. A red x will appear if no face is detected. If you see an Adobe Flash Flyer Settings notification, click ‘Accept’ to proceed.
When choosing or capturing a photo, keep the following in mind:
- The photo captures the front of your face
- Your head is in a straight position
- Remove any hats, headwear, glasses or scarfs (If you usually cover your head for religious reasons, or you wear glasses, your photo can include these items.) Head coverings should be worn in such a way as to show the face from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead.
- Eyes should be clearly visible e.g. not covered by hair.
- Eyes looking straight into the camera
- Face should cover at least 25% of the photo
- Leave space around face area
- Photo file size should be at least 320 pixels high x 240 pixels wide
Cropping the photo
- Once the photo is selected from either uploading a photo or capturing from a webcam, the next step is to crop your photo. CaptureME can automatically crop your photo to size. Click ‘Submit this photo’ to accept the auto cropped photo or click Adjust crop area to manually crop the photo.
- Click use this photo once done.
Entering your details
- After cropping your photo, the next step is to verify your details. The fields below will be populated by your recent details. Review the records and update as necessary.
- Click ‘confirm details’ once done.
- Click submit button to submit photo. Depending on your browser a success message may appear and the browser will close.
- Your photo is now submitted and awaiting approval from UTS Insearch. You will receive an email confirmation confirming that the photo has been submitted.
Important notice for current students
If you are a current student and already have a student card, you cannot use CaptureME to update your photo. You will need to visit the UTS Insearch Student Centre (Ground Floor of the UTS Insearch Blue Building) if you need a replacement.
Upload your photo via the CaptureME portal and enter the Student number contained in your letter of offer or email.